Friday, February 20, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Simply Wonderful

Good morning and it’s a magical Friday!  We’ve arrived safely in FL and looking forward to a fun-filled, magical weekend.  I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for almost a year and can’t believe it’s finally here.  This morning I’m heading over to the race expo and then it’s off to Hollywood Studios for some park fun.  Of course I can’t leave you hanging for inspiration so since it’s Friday it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  This week Patrice gave us a fun layout and I decided to use it to showcase some of the great Sale-a-bration items you can earn for FREE right now!!!  The card started with the This Day Project Life Mini Kit (these kits are good for so much more than just memory keeping!!).

I started with Crushed Curry for the cardbase and then added a piece Island Indigo cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder.  I added two pieces of ribbon from the Best Day Ever Accessory Kit (also a SAB freebie).  I used the Hexagon Punch to punch three pieces from the This Day Project Life kit for the patterned paper.  For the greeting I used the Simply Wonderful stamp set and used my Stampin’ Write Marker to just ink the part of the stamp I wanted and then punched it out with the Modern Label Punch and used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront.
 

For a fun accent I created a flower piece. First I stamped the flower using the Petite Petals stamp set and stamped on Rich Razzleberry cardstock and then used the Petite Flower Punch to punch it out.  I used my bone folder to help curl up the edges to create dimension to the flower.  For the center of the flower I used a Crushed Curry button from the Best Day Ever Accessory Pack and used some Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine to tie a bow in the center of the button.

I used a lot of different items on this card, but thanks to Sale-a-bration most of the items were free, plus this was a really quick card to pull together.  The other design team members shared some fun cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with, it’ll be great for any project on your To Do list this weekend.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Have an enjoyable Friday and hope you get some crafting time!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog