Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Lotus Blossom

Good morning!  Well we got our first real snow of the year (I know, about time) so the kids got to enjoy all the fun yesterday, it's funny how snow play never gets old.  Today I decided to play along with the Fab Friday Color challenge and decided to lighten things up with a spring type card.  When I first saw the Lotus Blossom stamp set that's a part of the FREE Sale-a-bration items this year I had to get it but then it's sat in the studio and this was my first chance to play with it.  The set is so great since you can make beautiful card really easy!

I started with Crisp Cantaloupe for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack (you can use this paper pack for so much more than Valentine's).  Next I used the Big Shot and Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut out the main stamped piece using Whisper White cardstock.  The Lotus Blossom stamp set is a two set stamp so I used all three layers, stamping darker to lighter, using Real Red, Calypso Coral, and Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  I did add Old Olive and Pear Pizzaz for the flower stem (it wasn't part of the color challenge but come on, every flower has to have a stem).  I also sponged around the edge of the stamped image with Calypso Coral ink.  I wrapped a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine around the stamped image before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

For the greeting I turned to one of my Paper Pumpkin stamp sets (from the December kit) and stamped in Real Red, sponged around the edge with Old Olive and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch.  Of course I used dimensionals to attach the greeting as well. 

This card turned out so beautiful and I'll definitely be making up more of them for future occasions and changing up the colors for extra fun.  I have to say, I love the exclusive stamp sets in the Paper Pumpkin kits and how I can use them long after I've completed the kit projects.  Sale-a-bration is a perfect time to try out this great program since you can purchase one of the prepaid subscriptions and still earn Sale-a-bration rewards, let me know if you have questions.

Below are the easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, This is truly beautiful! I love that you used these colors with this flower, and the framelit is a perfect shape around the flower. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! The Lotus Blossom looks FAB in our challenge colors. And the stem is a must I do agree! =) Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you were able to get the sponging to look more like an add't layer of color vs "just sponging"! beautiful card...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog