Sunday, February 8, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Color Challenge CYCI #56

Happy Sunday.  It’s time to take a break from weekend fun to bring you my card for this weeks Can You Case It? challenge.  This week we were given a color challenge, Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White.  Now I’ll admit initially my mind went right to Valentine’s but I’ve been sharing so many love themed projects so far this year I decided to take a break and share a nice simple card using other products from the new Occasions Catalog I haven’t played with.  Once of the product suites is Adventure awaits and it includes an awesome stamp set with great greetings that are nice and large so they can be the focus point of the card (and would work equally well in memorykeeping) along with a coordinating paper stack that has some awesome graphic images on one side and photograph images on the other.  They’re so full of texture and work great with “dude” cards.

I started with Basic Black for the cardbase and then added a piece of Real Red cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  I wrapped some Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the Red layer and then tied a bow.  The greeting is from the Adventure Awaits stamp set and was stamped with Memento Ink directly on the Adventure Bound DSP (this pattern looks like a sweater weave or rope). Then all I did was mat it with Whisper Whtie cardstock and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals. 

This card came together really easily but it has lots for your eye to enjoy with all the textures (I want to just rub it, haha!!)  In fact I love this card so much this will be one of the cards we’re making in today’s Just Cards class (I know you’re excited if you’ll be attending).  The other design team members shared some fabulous cards as well using these colors so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, are share your creation! 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog