Sunday, March 24, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge

Good evening friends!  The snow is coming down this evening, really, it's March 24!  While I love the snow I'm definitely ready for spring.  So I saw this great color challenge on the Create with Connie & Mary website and I thought it was perfect for a cheery card to counter the snow.  This card uses the You Are My Sunshine single stamp (love the single stamps for special greetings at a great deal!)  The card base is Not Quite Navy and then I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Cloudy Day embossing folder, then I lightly sponged around the clouds with Marina Mist ink.  Next I added a piece of Marina Mist cardstock and trimmed the edge with the Adorning Accents Edgelits and the Big Shot.  This was layered with a piece of Daffodil Delight Designer Paper and a piece of Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.

For the main stamped image I stamped the greeting, You Are My Sunshine, with Not Quite Navy Ink and sponged around the edge with Marina Mist ink.  Then I stamped the sunshine part of the greeting with Daffodil Delight ink, punched it out with the 3/4" circle punch and popped it up with a dimensional before adding a Rhinestone to the center for it really sparkles.  This piece was matted on a piece of Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist cardstock.  This whole piece was attached with dimensionals to the card for additional dimension.

Now this is the color challenge provided.  These are such fun and cheery colors that can be used for so many different projects.  This is another color combination you'll want to save in your idea folder for future projects.  This card turned out awesome and will definitely brighten up someones day, love it!!!!
 
Hope you have a great week and happy stamping,
 
Diana
 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you used the challenge colors! This is fantastic! Such a happy card and I love how the "o" is accented with a different color and a rhinestone! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog