Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Sleepover: MDS Style

Happy Halloween friends!  With all the storm activity this week it seems like Halloween is an after thought.  Thankfully our friends and family all are doing well after the storm but our thoughts and prayers are with those that are still suffering and trying to recover.  So last weekend Aidan hosted his first sleepover and it was a Halloween theme since he couldn't have the party on Halloween itself.  Being the crazy mom I am I decided to make the decorations, invitation, etc. using My Digital Studio 2 and the Monster Munchies digital download.  This first item was a banner (please excuse the pictures, I had a hard time photographing such a large item).  I used several of the treat labels and added them to pennants and flags that I had decorated.  See the close ups below: 


I used the Pennant die to cut the flag and added a bow with the Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon. 


For the flags I hand cut the tails and stamped them with the spiderweb from the Wicked Cool stamp set.  I used the Simply Scored board to create the lollies, added a piece of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon as well as a bat (used the retired bat punch, this is still one of my favorites!) and rhinestones for the eyes.


I also decided to make cute little cupcake toppers.  I used the coaster pieces and shrunk them down so I could punch them out with the 1 3/4" circle punch (that way I could also fit more to a page).  Then I just added a toothpick and the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch for the mat.


I also decided to use the pre-designed invitation template for invitations to the sleepover.  These were so easy, added some text as well as the Pumpkin Pie button and taffeta bow and sent them off to the printer.  I even stamped the envelopes to match before they were handed out.


This was the back of the invitation.  The stamps are from the Toxic Treats digital stamp set (you get to print both sides of the invitation for the same price with Stampin' Up!'s digital print services which was awesome!)

I don't know if the boys were all that excited about the decorations but Aidan loved them and I had a great time making them and that all that counts.  These were so simple to create you can make you're next party extra special with MDS2 and a little time.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog