Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Monstor Treat Holder

Good morning friends.  Aidan is hosting his first sleep over this weekend.  He wanted to have it on Halloween night but since Halloween is on a school night we told Aidan we could have a Halloween theme for the sleepover.  I've made several items for the party (yes we may be going a little overboard, but itsn't that the whole point of Halloween???)  Today I'm sharing one of the treats we made for all the sleepover guests.  I started with the fancy favor XL die and cut it out with Basic Black Cardstock.  Next I cut another piece of Black cardstock out, ran it through the Big Shot with the spider web embossing folder, and added Whisper White carft ink to the raised spider web.  I also punched a circle with 1 3/8" circle punch and added a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock behind the spider web so it looks like the moon.  I added dimensionals behind the spider web panel so it pops up.

I decided it would be funny to have a monster standing in front of the moon so I stamped the monster from the Googly Ghouls stamp set, colored him in with Lucky Limeade and Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write markers before cutting him out with Paper Snips.   I had to add a couple of the googly eyes and adhered him to the box with dimensionals.  Since I know there will be lots of sweet treats at the party I decided to fill this box with popcorn, hand sanitizer, and lolly pop and will be adding a Halloween pencil and eraser also. 
 
These boxes turned out soo cute and I'm sure the guys will love them.  Make sure to check back, I'll be sharing several other projects from the big party.
 
Have a great day,
 
Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog