Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween Printer's Tray Remix: Take Three

Hooray, it's Friday!  I'm so excited for the arrival of the weekend since we have a lot of things planned, including running in a 5K for Aidan's school and getting family pictures taken.  Today I'm sharing the last project I made using the extra pieces from the halloween printer's tray kit.  This is a scrapbook page that will be perfect for this years halloween page (see I'm already ahead of the game and will just need to add pictures).  I started with Basic Gray for the base of the page and stamped bats in the top right corner and spider webs along the bottom using the Wicked Cool stamp set.  The black pieces are added pieces and are the mats for pictures.  All the other designed and solid pieces (including the super cute hanging bats) are from the tray kit.  The white tag was left blank for journaling.
 
In the top left corning I used all the little flag pieces to create a banner with a piece of Lucky Limeade baker's twine (bows were tied on each of the ends for a finishing touch).  The gray polka dot paper was from the kit and was scored at every 1/4" with the Simply Scored to create the lolly.  I added a More Mustard button to the center which mimicks an element from the printer's tray.

I stamped the cauldron from the Toxic Treats stamp set with Basic Black in on Very Vanilla cardstock, punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and matted with an Old Olive scalloped circle (it's attached with dimensionals so it pops and it's easy to slide the picture under the element).  The numbers were cut with the Timeless Type die set (retired) and More Mustard cardstock. 
 
The finishing touch was to add lots of rhinestones for the bat's eyes and in the center of all of the spider webs.  Now I have to confess something, when I finished the page it was missing a label and I struggled to decide what I wanted to use, in the end I used a die (non-Stampin' Up!) that had the perfect font for the "Spooky" label.  You know I use mostly SU! products but when you have something else that works in your stash you make it work.
 
I love how this page turned out it's so fun and I can't wait to add the pictures of my little pirate.
 
Take care and have a great weekend!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog