Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fab Friday Challenge - Scentsational Season

Good evening friends!  Aidan had his Tae Kwon Do Tournament and Halloween sleepover on Saturday so we were on the go.  Alos, like all our friends on the East Coast we spent a good deal of this weekend getting ready for the approach of Hurricane Grace, and the "Frankenstorm."  One good thing from all this craziness is that I got an incredible urge to clean, not just bringing in all the furniture and pots from the patio but I also worked on several areas inside that had been bugging me.  At this point we've done just about all we can do and we just need to wait and see what comes.  I was able to grab a few minutes in the studio this afternoon and I made this card for the Fab Friday challenge.  The Scentsational Season stamp set was one of the first stamp sets I bought from the Holiday catalog (loved the matching framelits) but unfortunately it hasn't gotten much play time lately.  I started with a Gumball Green cardbase and added a layer of Whisper White that was run through the Big Shot with the snowflaking embossing folder.  I added some of the illuminate ink to the raised snowflakes with a sponge dauber (it's hard to tell from the picture) and then added rhinestones to the center of the snowflakes for a little sparkle.
 
I added a strip of Snow Festival DSP that was cut like a flag on the edges.  The main focal image is the candy canes, I stamped two in Raspberry Ripple ink and cut them out with the matching framelit before mounting them to a circle cut with the 2 1/2" circle punch (I did use dimensionals on one of the candy canes and tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around both pieces).  The white circle is matted on a Baja Breeze circle and then a scallop circle from Primrose Petals cardstock and the Scallop Circle #2 die and Big Shot.  The final touch was the greeting, from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and Gumball Green ink.
 
This was a fun challenge and a nice break from all the halloween projects I've been working on.  I also really like how elegant and fun this card is, this is definately an easily reproducible cards that you could make in multiples.
 
I just wanted to remind you about Stampin' Up!'s awesome sale for one day only, tomorrow, you can get 15% off almost all stamps sets, including the cookie stamps, and newly released single stamps.  Make sure to take advantage of this promotion to get those stamps that have been on your wish list for upcoming projects.
 
I thought I would leave you with a couple of pictures of my little Tae Kwon Do star, he was so excited to earn one 1st place and 2 second place trophies.
 


 
 
Take care and be safe!
 
Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Fun Christmas card! I like the bit of bling on the snowflakes and the baker's twine tied around the candy canes! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I love the pair of candy canes and the snowflakes in the background are the perfect finishing touch. Your son is adorable! Congrats to him on his tae kwan do trophies!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog