Monday, October 8, 2012

Elegant Gift Tags, full of Sparkle

Good morning friends!  Fall has definately arrived in Northern Virigina, the leaves are starting to turn and it's definately getting cooler.  I love this time of year but it's also a reminder that the holidays are fast approaching.  Recently I saw a stunning gift tag made by Monica Weaver and knew I need to make some for my Holiday gifts.  This first version is pretty much the same as Monica's but changes the center decoration, see Monica's creation here.  I started with a piece of Brushed Gold cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Two Tags Die and then embossed it with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  Then I sponged some Crumb Cake ink on the tag to add some dimension before wrapping a piece of Cherry Cobbler 3 1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon.  Next I cut out two snowflakes with the Snow Flurry Bigz Die and Champagne Shimmer paper.  I flattened a bottle top with the Big Shot (it's pretty cool to see that) and then stamped the words from the Merry Medley stamp set in Cherry Cobbler (cut it out with the 3/4" circle punch) and stamped the decorative circle with gold ink (retired) and punched it out with the 1" circle punch.  The final touch was to add a clear epoxy disc to the top so it's all glossy and protect it, perfect!
 
Here's a close up of the gift tag with the bottlecap and Merry Medley decorative center.


I had so much fun with these tags that I decided to make some with silver and everythings the same except I used Silver Glimmer Paper for the snowflakes, Marina Mist and Pretty in Pink 1 1/4" stripped grosgrain ribbon (retired) and silver ink (retired) for the decorative detail.




Another close up of the gift tag with the bottlecap and Merry Medley decorative center, this time with the Marina Mist and Silver version.


I love how these tags turned out and they will great not only on gifts but even as a decoration on the Christmas tree after the presents have been opened.  Now's the perfect time to start making holiday tags or other projects you have in mind before things get even more crazier and hectic.  I can help you design any projects you have in mind and make sure you have all the necessary supplies, just let me know.

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog