Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge 298: Cauldron Bubble

Good morning!  We're continuing the Halloween fun today and this time I'm using the sketch challenge over on the   Hand Stamped Sentiments blog as inspiration for a fun layout.  So one thing you may have not noticed about some of our designer series paper is that they are made to coordinate with our framelits in the same products suite, how cool is that.  So I noticed that one of the pieces of DSP from the Toil and Trouble Designer Series Paper not only do the framelits cut out the cool cauldrons (that are already colored) and the cat but there are some great border type designs if you look at each element on the page as potential inspiration on their own.

This card uses Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the cardbase and then I added Basic Black as a mat for the cardfront which is Lemon Lime Twist cardstock embossed with the Big Shot and Basics Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Next I added two different pieces of designer series paper from the Toil and Trouble Designer Series Paper.  I used some Black Foil to cut out the cob web using the Cauldron Framelits for a corner accent.


For the main image I used the framelits to cut out the cauldron and then attached it to a circle I cut out of Whisper white cardstock using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits with dimensionals.  I used the Cauldron Bubble stamp set to stamp the little accent of bubbles coming out of the cauldron as well as the three little white ghosts that were attached with dimensionals.

The final touch was the greeting and this stamp is in the same set and I just stamped on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut it out as a rectangle (just run it through the Big Shot twice to cut it down to the size you want) and attach with, you guessed it, dimensionals.

This card took a bit of time just playing with different elements to get it to turn out how I wanted but, oh my, I was so happy with the result.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards using this same sketch and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog