Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Fab Friday Color Challenge #146: Lots of Happy Card Kit

Good afternoon!  The sun has finally come out, and it's glorious so I want to make sure to enjoy every moment.  One piece of artwork that is always better viewed in the sun (in my opinion) is stained glass.  I actually learned how to make stained glass a little when I was a kid and enjoyed it, I even crafted a terrarium that I planted a little garden in.  Anyway, when the Graceful Glass Designer Series Paper was released in this years annual catalog it reminded me of these times which is fun. 

Today I'm sharing another card using the Lots of Happy card kit (this time just the stamp set) and I decided to use it, along with the Graceful Glass DSP to play along with this weeks Fab Friday color challenge.

I started with Powder Pink cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Garden Trellis Embossing Folder and then wrapped a piece of Gorgeous Grape 1/4" Mini Striped Ribbon around the cardfront.


For the main image I cut a piece of the Graceful Glass Designer Series Paper down to 3"x3" (this paper pack is perfect for cutting down to make a smaller image) and then used my Stampin' Write Markers to color in the glass image (coloring on the back side of the vellum and then mounted it on Whisper White cardstock (note, make sure to use glue dots to attach the vellum versus liquid glue so the color doesn't run, haha!) and then matted this piece with Basic Black cardstock.

To finish off the card I added the greeting and used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits.  I matted the greeting using Silver Foil that was cut using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

This color challenge had a lot of colors which was a little overwhelming at first which is why using the stained glass vellum was the perfect fit and perfect for sending birthday greetings with this stamp I love!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Diana - what a great idea to use the stained glass for the colors - it looks wonderful! I'd definitely want this to hang in my window, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog