Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Lemon Zest Birthday Greetings!

Good afternoon! Our lingering summer temps are letting us enjoy the summer feeling a little longer so I used that as inspiration for today's card which shows another fun way to use the Subtle Dynamic Embossing folder (my featured Product of the Week).

I used Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then added the cardfront which is Whisper White cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  After embossing I used sponge daubers to lightly add ink (Lemon Lime Twist and Daffodil Delight) and ran it in stripes for some motion, just keep adding ink until you get the look you want (you can always add but you can't take away).  Then I added a stripe of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper and wrapped a piece of Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon around the card front.

Next I used the Lemon Zest stamp set and stamped two of the lemons (I inked the stamp with Daffodil Delight ink and then sponged Lemon Lime Twist around the edge of the stamp before stamping) and the leaves are Lemon Lime Twist, all on Whisper White cardstock.  I cut the lemon out using circle punch and then cut one of the pieces in half to create a lemon wedge and the leaves are cut out with the Lemon Builder Punch.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and attached with dimensionals.

I love the texture and feel that adding the ink to the embossed background provides and the addition of the wood pattern is so trendy right now.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog