Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #291: High Tide

Good morning!  With schools either already out for spring break, or finishing soon (Friday for my kiddo) thoughts are definitely turning to  summer fun so it's perfect for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments inspiration challenge and I was immediately drawn to thoughts of the beach and for us we always visit lighthouses so I knew the High Tide stamp set would be perfect.  There aren't lots of fancy tools or techniques with this card but you can build such beautiful scenes all with the different stamps in this one set.

I started with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then used Basic Black as a matt for the Whisper White cardfront.  Before starting to stamp the cardfront I cut an oval out of Whisper White cardstock using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached it with just a little SNAIL so that I could stamp on both pieces at the same time for perfect alignment.

For the stamping I used Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Balmy Blue (new color), Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, and Mango Melody (new color).  Sometimes I stamped full strength, others are stamped off first to make for a softer color and more depth.  For the sky I used Balmy Blue but lightly sponged so it wasn't too strong.





Once I had finished with the stamping I removed the oval and added a oval mat using Smoky Slate cardstock and cut with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits and attached the piece with dimensionals.

This is an absolutely fabulous stamp set since it gives you so many options and there are some basic element stamps that could be used for so many things, even just to add texture and a design element on other cards, awesome!  Make sure to check out the other design team cards for inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog