Friday, June 8, 2018

SSINKspiration Gardening Fun: Jar of Love

Good morning and Happy Friday!  It's the last day of school today and you can imagine there is a lot of excitement for the upcoming summer fun.  One things I love about summer is all the great gardens, both veggies and flowers.  I really enjoy growing flowers and enjoying all their beauty.  Today the SSINKspiration team is sharing ideas with this gardening theme and when I looked through my stamp stash I don't have many gardening specific stamps but bringing cut flowers inside so we can enjoy the outdoor beauty indoors is part of the fun so I turned to the Jar of Love stamp set to make a cute little cut flower arrangement that would be perfect sitting on your nightstand or living room.

For this card I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added  a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper along the left side.

For the main stamped image I stamped the jar in basic black ink and then inked the stems and leaves in Old Olive (I did have to stamp a couple of the stem pieces multiple times to get the length needed but with the photopolymer stamps it was a breeze to line up.  Next I stamped the flowers on Whisper White cardstock (I used Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Blueberry Bushel, and Blackberry Bliss for the flowers and then cut them out with the Big Shot and Everyday Jar Framelits (they coordinate with the Jar of Love stamp set perfectly).  Dimensionals were used to attach the flowers for a little height and then I sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink to play off the look of the wood grain DSP.  To finish off this piece I used some Blackberry Bliss cardstock as a mat for the stamped piece before attaching it to the cardfront.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock with Calypso Coral ink and then cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached with dimensionals.  Now when I use simple glass jars for flowers in my house I like to add a little ribbon bow to dress it up so I used some Blueberry Bushel 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon to tie a double bow and attached to my jar.

I love the simple look of this card and it's perfect for this time of year.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing and then you can great your own garden inspired project to help bring the beauty from outside into your home.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog