Monday, June 25, 2018

SSINKspiration Fun with Punches: Rooted with Nature

Good morning!  What a crazy weekend, between all our activities and the crazy weather it was definitely eventful but we were happy to relax a little on Sunday before the week started.  Today the SSINKspiration is having fun with punches and sharing lots of different ideas using our punches.  There are some amazingly talented people who can create punch art, I unfortunately do not have that talent.  It doesn't mean that I don't love our punches though.  One of the great things I like to do with it is embed it into cardstock for a fabulous background so that's what I'm sharing today.

I started with Soft Suede cardstock for the cardbase and then used Night of Navy cardstock as a mat for the cardfront.  To make the cardfront I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and attached circles cut out of Olive Olive, Soft Suede, and Mossy Meadow using the 1/2", 3/4", and 1" Circle Punches (I just used SNAIL adhesive to attach the circles).  Once I was done I ran the cardfront through the Big Shot using the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing folder and just like that the punched circles are embedded into the cardstock and it has a great texture.  To help highlight the texture I used some Crumb Cake ink and Stampin' Sponge to lightly color the cardstock and highlight the embossing.

To finish off the card I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut a circle out of Night of Navy cardstock as the backdrop for my tree.  The tree is from the new Rooted with Nature stamp set and I used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp before stamping on Crumb Cake cardstock.  I used the coordinating Nature's Roots Framelits to cut out the tree and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake and then was cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Squares FramelitsMini dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

The circles create the perfect background for this card and helps pull out all the different colors used.  Remember, the Rooted in Nature bundle is also the product of the week that I'll be highlighting on my Facebook page this week, check it out, https://www.facebook.com/StampinFunWithDiana/.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog