Friday, December 15, 2017

SSINKspiration Christmas Bags and Tags: Carols of Christmas

Good morning!  How is it possible that Christmas is only 10 days away?  In my house we haven't just been counting down to Christmas, but also the release of the new Star Wars movie and today's the day so we have a fun evening out getting our geek on that I excited about.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing gift bags and tag ideas to help you with all your last minute package needs.  I always hold a holiday gift packaging class earlier in the season to help my customers to be ready and not as stressed.  Today I'm sharing a super fun and easy bag that is sure to match the great gift you'll put inside.

I started with a kraft gift bag (not Stampin' Up!) and used the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set and Whisper White Craft Ink to stamp the snowflakes all over the front of the bag.  Next I took a Striped Treat Bag and took it apart and used just the front of the bag as the base decoration (and it adds my first layer of bling!)  I layered a piece of Merry Music Speciality Designer Series Paper over the top (I love the prints in this package as the musical theme is perfect for the holidays).

The greeting is from the Carols of Christmas stamp set and was stamped with Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I used the Layering Circles Framelits to cut out the scalloped circle mat using Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then attached the piece to the gift bag with dimensionals.  To add a little more sparkle I added a couple of Black Rhinestones and a Gold Metallic Enamel Dot.

As the final touch for the bag I dies a bow using the 7/8" Striped Ribbon and then took one of the Green Sprigs and applied Embossing Paste lightly on the tips to flock it and then once it was dry (didn't take very long) I pushed the stem into the center of the bow and it holds it just right!

This bag looks really detailed because of the all the embellishments but is really easy to make (just make sure leave time to let the craft ink dry completely).  I'm hoping to make a few more of these for gifts I need to give so we will see how I do for time.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used in today's project:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bag, Diana! Love the tag and the way you cut up the gold striped bag!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog