Monday, December 18, 2017

SSINKspiration Fun Fold Challenge #SSINKFF2: Window Card

Good morning!  It was a crazy weekend and we were on the go non-stop, as well as my mega Christmas Cooking Baking weekend, and the last large race simulation which included 30 miles this week, let's just say I'm a little tired and didn't get much time in the studio.  I knew the SSINKspiration designers were having a fun fold challenge today using a Window Card so I had to pop down the studio to make a quick card since a glitter window card was the very first card I made when I was introduced to Stampin' Up! and made me fall in love with stamping.  This is also a really quick way to add some sparkle and dress up the card.  Because you use Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to make the window I decided to fully embrace the bling with lots of sparkly items on this card.
 
I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a mat using Bermuda Bay cardstock and then a piece of the Year of Cheer Speciality Designer Series Paper.  I used the Big Shot and Layering Ovals framelits to cut the oval in all three pieces so they would all line up (don't glue the pieces together yet).  Next I took a piece of packing tape and applied it on the back of the DSP layer so the sticky side was facing out through the hole and generously sprinkled the packing tape with Dazzling Diamonds glitter which will stick perfectly.
 
Next I stamped the greeting through the window hole in the cardbase basing the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set and Basic Black ink.  Here's a view from inside the card.
 
To finish of the card I attached the Bermuda Bay piece to the back of the DSP (this will hide the packing tape from view) and then wrapped a piece of Pool Party 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon around the top corner of the cardfront and then tied a double bow using Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine before attaching the cardfront to the cardbase so it lines up with the oval cut out.
Every time I make a card using this technique I still love it, and especially it's simplicity!  Make sure to check the other design teams cards using windows and then play along and share what you create.  I know we're a week away from Christmas but there is still time to get those last minute projects done for all other special people!
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog