Monday, December 25, 2017

2017 Eichfeld Christmas Card: Ready for Christmas

Merry Christmas!  All of the hustle and bustle of getting ready for Christmas is over and now is the time we relax and enjoy time with family, my favorite part.  I wanted to wait to reveal this years Christmas card until most people should have received it.  This years card was truly a labor love that may not soon be repeated, with watercoloring, and 14 different die cut pieces per card, I started these in August before our cruise and just finished the last up a couple of weeks ago.  As soon as I saw the Ready for Christmas bundle I started getting ideas in my head which quickly started to take shape.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock (the only thing that's retired on this card) and embossed it with the Big Shot and Pinewood Plank Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I used the Christmas Staircase Framelits to start cutting out pieces, Soft Suede for the staircase with Whisper White trim, Old Olive garland (this was stamped first with the garland stamp from the Ready for Christmas stamp set) and Red Glimmer Paper bows.

I stamped the three stockings, table, dog, and Santa cookies all in Memento Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and watercolored them with Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen.  I did write our names on the top of each stocking.  When it came to assembling (and that was on the easier side) I did use dimensionals and mini dimensionals as well as Tombo and the Thin Tip Glue Pen.

The final to touch was to add our picture, I designed it in My Digital Studio (which I still use) and designed it to fit in the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and added a black border before printing so it looked like a frame.  The cool thing was able to have 6 pictures printed on each 4"x6" print which cut down on the number of pictures I needed.

Despite everything that went into these cards I was so happy with how they turned out, it was designed to look like our house and reflect our crazy little family and I think it does (but Chris told me that Mocha isn't gray so that's one strike against me, haha!)  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your time with family and friends.  I am thankful for each and everyone of you and wish you nothing but health and happiness!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Merry Christmas!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog