Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Carols of Christmas

Good morning!  I know we still have a few weeks left of summer but I'm already starting to think about the holidays and how I can get a head start on all I have planned to do.  It also helps to put me in the holiday mood that demonstrators could start preordering from the upcoming holiday catalog this week and my box of goodies arrives later today so I have lots of ideas swirling in my head.  If you're like my Stampin' Up is here to help and offering a opportunity to purchase a new stamp set and coordinating thinlits from the upcoming catalog this month and you're going to love it, Carols of Christmas (in the research for this catalog this bundle was voted the most popular out of the entire catalog and it's no wonder why).  To help so you just how fun this bundle is I decided to use it for this weeks Fab Friday Sketch Challenge.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Early Espresso cardstock as a mat for the Be Merry Designer Series Paper (this paper is in the annual catalog so no need to way, you can get it now!!).  The greeting was colored using Stampin' Write Markers and stamped on Crumb Cake cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits (the stitched border adds such a nice finish to these pieces and I love how nice and big the greetings in this set are!)

Now for the fun finishing details....I started with a piece of 1/4" Copper Trim and I fanned it out so it was a little wider and a little more see through (this ribbon really is awesome, if you don't like the fanned out look just run it through your fingers and it returns to the original shape and you can try again, and a hint of sparkle).  Next I used two of the pieces from the coordinating Card Front Builder Thinlits (this set really is a must have and not just for holiday projects it has so many great pieces!) to cut the tree (out of Garden Green Cardstock) and the deer (out of Early Espresso).  I used both regular and mini dimensionals to attach these pieces for some extra lift.

I had a Christmas in July card class last weekend and we had lots of fun making projects using just this bundle, there are so many great ideas and while we didn't make this card in class I had it up on display and it was a hit.  Don't forget, when you order the bundle you save 10% versus purchasing each item individually.  Here are all the details on the Carols of Christmas bundle items:

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the Copper Trim! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO pretty! Why didn't I think of matching this set with this paper?? Brilliant! Can't wait to try copper trim this way, too - thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Diana! I love how you spread that ribbon and added it below the sentiment. Such fun! Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas in August! Love your design for the holidays and how you used the copper trim...it looks awesome as a flat detail! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog