Monday, August 7, 2017

SSINKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS47: Oh So Eclectic

Good morning!  So happy that Aidan is home and safe and loved hearing about all his adventures.  Today it's back to work and the summer routine (we're getting so close to our vacation and the start of school I can't believe it!)  Today the  SSINKspiration blog has a sketch challenge and since I'm always in need of birthday cards I decided to mix some old and new with this fun card that has lots of two-step stamping.

I started with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (Tranquil Tide is such a unique color, it has more blue or green tones depending on what it's paired with).  Next I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the main stamped piece.

On the cardfront I used the Oh So Eclectic stamp set and started by stamping the flowers in Tranquil Tide and Berry Burst and the leaves are Pear Pizzaz.  After stamping the watercolor piece I added the detail in each of the stamped images using Basic Black ink.  There are lots of fun images in this stamp set so I used the one with the little diamonds and added some detail using Basic Black, Berry Burst, and Crushed Curry (I did stamp off on some of the pieces in the top left corner for a bit if a shadow effect).



Next I added a piece of Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon (love the little glitter in it.  The greeting uses the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and it was stamped in Berry Burst ink on Whisper White cardstock and then punched out with the Classic Label Punch.  For the final accent I created another flower using Crushed Curry and after stamping both the fill in and outline stamps I cut out the flower with Paper Snips and attached the flower to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I really like the mix of flowery and modern, as well as watercolor look for a fun card that's perfect for sending birthday wishes.  The other design team members are sharing their take on this sketch so go check them out and then come play along with us, can't wait to see what you create!


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card, Diana! I really love the modern/floral mix! The diamonds in the background are my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog