Thursday, June 30, 2016

SSINKspiration Sunshine: Sunburst Sayings

Good morning!  After this weeks crazy storm (if you’re in Northern VA you know what I mean) it was so great to see the return of the sun, even if it’s bringing back the humidity today.  It’s the sunshine that’s inspiration for today’s card I’m sharing on the SSINKspiration blog which is all about sunshine.  Of course I immediately thought of the Sunburst framelit and matching stamp set, Sunburst Sayings, for this card and decided to go from there.

I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Basic Black cardstock as a mat for my Whisper White Cardstock.  On this piece I decided I wanted to make it look like the sky so I punched out the top of the tree from the Tree Builder Punch and then used my sponge dauber and Soft Sky ink to just dab around the cloud template I made repeatedly to make the cloudy sky background.  At the bottom of this piece I stamped the “shine” using the Sunburst Sayings stamp set and Basic Black ink and then took one of the White Perfect Accents and colored it using my Gold Sharpie marker and then attached it as the dot on my “i”.

For the accent piece I started by cutting a scalloped circle out of Tangerine Tango cardstock using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits.  I used crushed Curry for the inner part of the sun and first cut it using the Sunburst Framelit and then using the coordinating circle to fit my scalloped circle.  Before assembling my sun I made sure the stamp the dotted lines for the rays using Tangerine Tango ink.  Gold Glimmer Paper was punched using the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and attached to the sun with dimensionals and then the greeting was stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the greeting and then punched out with the 1 1/4” Circle Punch. 

I love the contrast of the soft and bright colors with just a pop of black and hint of sparkle, I definitely did the happy dance when I saw the end result (this is the sign that you know the card will certainly brighten someone’s day when you send it!!)

Don’t forget, today’s the last day to take advantage of this month’s Extra Hostess Benefits when you have a party or order over $350 (before tax and shipping).  I know I placed a second order to stop up on adhesive, envelopes, etc. so I could get some extra stampin’ goodies for free.  If you need any help with you order, let me know.

Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog