Monday, June 27, 2016

SSINKspiration Mystery Challenge #SSINKMC34: One Big Meaning

Good morning!  What a wonderful weekend, we were on the go but still had plenty of time to relax (which is always wonderful).  Since it's Monday it's time for another challenge over on the  SSINKspiration blog, this time it's the Mystery Challenge.  I decided to combine this challenge with the Proverbial Stampers June sketch challenge for a little extra challenge.  I really do love these challenges and this will be the last month of them, we have something new coming up starting in July so you'll have to come back to check it out.  I was able to incorporate all of the times in this fun patriotic themed thank you card, and it really is important to let all those who serve or who have serve how much we appreciate their service and sacrifice.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I stamped using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Pacific Point and Cherry Cobbler ink.  Next I added three panels, two using designer series paper from the Regals and Brights Designer Series Paper Stacks.  The middle panel I stamped using Whisper White cardstock and I used the smallest Block A Acrylic Block as my "stamp" for a fun effect. 

I punched a piece of Pacific Point cardstock using the 2" Circle Punch and then embossed it using the Big Shot and Lucky Stars Embossing Folder and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals after adding a couple pieces of Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon.  Next I cut a star outline using the Big Shot and Stars Collection Framelits and attached it with dimensionals as well.

The final touch was to add the greeting, and for that I used the One Big Meaning stamp set and after stamping it in Cherry Cobbler link I cut it out using the Big Shot and Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits and then sponged around the edges with Pacific Point ink before attaching with dimensionals.

I'll admit, there's a lot going on with this card but it's lot of fun and definitely sending that patriotic vibe that is perfect, especially this time of year.  The other design team members are sharing some fun cards using their take on the mystery challenge so go check them out and then come play along, we would love to see what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog