Friday, June 24, 2016

SSINKspiration Friday Favorites: Marquee Messages

Happy Friday!  One of the great things with SU demonstrators is swaps, which is a great way to have lots of samples to show of the products in a new catalog, especially if you don’t own all the great sets that are out there (despite what my hubby thinks I don’t own everything SU offers).  I made this card for a recent new catalog swap and it features one of my favorite new stamp sets, Marquee Messages so I thought it would fit perfectly with today’s Friday Favorites blog post over on the SSINKspiration blog.

I started with Melon Mambo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Whisper White Cardstock that I stamped the little stars on the background using Melon Mambo, Emerald Envy, and Pumpkin Pie ink.  Next I took pieces of Melon Mambo, Emerald Envy, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock and stamped the big marquee image in Basic Black ink on all of them.  I added greetings to the bottom banner and then cut out the arrows and banners from the Melon Mambo and Emerald Envy cardstock (this way I have extras that are already stamped and cut out for another project.  I attached the Melon Mambo banner to the Pumpkin Pie piece and then used my Gold Wink of Stella Pen to color in the stars for a little subtle bling.  Dimensionals were used to attach the Emerald Envy arrow so it really pops of the cardfront.  This whole piece was matted with Basic Black cardstock before attaching to the cardfront.  The final touch was to add a bow I made using Emerald Envy 3/8” Ruched Ribbon.
 This set is so fun and fresh and I love how you can build whatever greeting you need, love it!!  And it’s super easy (even the fussy cutting didn’t take too long and I made 11 of these).

 Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog