Monday, June 13, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS34: My Hero

Good morning!  We had a wonderful time camping this weekend and it was great to get a way with friends and just relax (and the kid’s didn’t stop the entire time so it wore them out!!) I also enjoyed the Sunday afternoon of stamping with the ladies, creative time is so therapeutic.  Now that it’s back to the week it’s time for this months card sketch challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog.  As soon as I saw this sketch Bree gave us I knew it would be perfect to show off some of our fabulous new designer series papers, one that I almost overlooked on my first order was the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper stack but I love all the abstract as well as photographic images that really pop off the card.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of  Old Olive cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Sparkle Embossing Folder (I sponged all over the cardstock with Old Olive ink to really help highlight the embossing.  Next I added a piece of the perfect Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper stack  and then wrapped some Old Olive Baker’s Twine around the card (I used a top fold card for this one so I could wrap the twine around the entire cardfront and loop it on the inside of the card.

For the stamped image I used this years Ronald McDonald stamp set, My Hero (remember Stampin’ Up! donates $3 from each stamp set sold to support Ronald McDonald House Charities)..  I stamped the badge image (perfect for upcoming Father’s Day or any occasion) using Old Olive Ink on Delightful Dijon cardstock and then punched it out with the coordinate Best Badge Punch and attached it the cardfront with dimensionals.

I love all the texture and dimension of this card and aside from the placement of the layers and trimming them down this is really a quite simple card that is sure to impress.  The other design team members have made some great cards using this same sketch for inspiration so please, go check them out and then we would love for you to play along and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



Enjoy and have a great day!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog