Friday, June 10, 2016

SSINKspiration Father's Day: Traveler

Happy Friday!  It’s been so nice to have a little break from our summer heat and humidity and we’re looking forward to a fun weekend of family camping, and thenAs you know, one of the things I love about Stamp card class (got to have time with my stampin’ ladies!!) and we’re looking forward to some fun.  As we’re marching along in June (and we have one last week of school) we’re inching closer and closer to Father’s Day (it’s next Sunday, just so you don’t forget) it’s only fitting that today over on the SSINKspiration blog we’re sharing projects for all the dad’s and grandpa’s out there.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Boho Chic Embossing Folder and then I added a piece of Chocolate Chips DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (so happy this packs and patterns carried over, they’re classic!!)
For the main image I used the Traveler stamp set and stamped the ship image using Dapper Denim ink on Whisper White cardstock.  Next I used the Big Shot and the Layering Squares Framelits to cut out the square as well as the scalloped square mat that used Crumb Cake cardstock and I used dimensionals to attach the square to the cardfront.  I added a double bow using Linen Thread to the top corner.

For the greeting I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and it was punched out using the Ticket Duo Punch (retired) and before attaching to the cardfront with dimensionals I sponged around the edge using Soft Suede ink.

This card is a classic and I love the new Dapper Denim color, it’s perfect for masculine cards.  I really liked how this card turned out so it’s one of the cards we’ll be making at Sunday’s Just Cards class (and don’t worry if you already have your Father’s Day card I have a sample with another greeting as an alternative!!) 
Also, if you still need a Father’s Day card, and don’t want to brave the card shop drop by and you can shop from the comfort of my home from a selection of cards I’ve designed.

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:



Have a great weekend!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog