Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SSINKspiration Mystery Supply Challenge: Acorny Thank You

Good morning!  We had a busy and fun weekend, a highlight of which was the Witching Décor Hat class on Saturday, it was a great time and the ladies did a great job on their projects (it’s always more fun crafting with friends)!  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspirationblog it’s the second addition of our Mystery Basket Challenge, it was so fun last month.  As a reminder, this is kind of like “Chopped”, where each designer that wanted to participate signed up and we were randomly assigned another designer and we mailed the designer 3 items, could be a stamped image, DSP, ribbon, etc. and incorporating those three items the designer needs to complete a project.  Breelin Renwick was the designer who mailed me my mystery basket and I was so excited when I saw my mystery supplies since I don’t have the Acorny Thank You set in the Holiday catalog so it was fun to play with its images. 

I started with Mint Macaroon cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Woodland Embossing Folder. This is such a fun embossing folder and I used Soft Suede ink to sponge all over the embossing to help highlight the trees.  Next I took a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock and used the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits to cut out a circle and then embossed it with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (flipped it so the debossed image was showing).  I also used the Circle Framelits to cut out a circle of the Mint Macaroon cardstock from the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper.  Behind the DSP circle I added several loops of the Gold Metallic Thread.

The acorn is from the Acorny Thank You stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink before being punched out with the matching Acorn Punch.  I love that Bree made the top of the acorn with gold glimmer paper (I used to always use glimmer paper to the top of the acorn from our previous Big Shot Die so it suits me to a tee!!)  The banner greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Calypso Coral ink.

My friends are such enabler’s there are sets I don’t buy right away and then I see all the great projects and ideas and I HAVE to have those items,  I don’t know how long I’ll be able to hold out before getting this set, it’s too cute and super easy!  You’ll definitely want to stop by and check out the other creations the designers came up with using their mystery supplies.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                           
Have a great day and I hope you enjoyed today’s card!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog