Friday, September 18, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Project Life Let's Get Away

Good morning!  I love Friday’s, there’s always a promise of adventure and opportunity that I really look forward to.  I decided to carry that sense of adventure into the card I made for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge it’s a little outside my comfort zone, and used animal prints, metallic, and burlap to all play against each other.

I started with Tip Top Toupe cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  Next I used a piece of paper from the Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack and used the Banner Builder Punch to create the tails.  Before attaching the DSP to the cardfront a cut a piece of Silver Foil Cardstock with the Big Shot and the Circle Collection Framelits so I had a pretty silver piece sticking out from behind the animal print.  I also added a piece of 1 ¼” Burlap Ribbon that I distressed by cutting off both sides and pulling some strings away.  I added a piece of Silver Sequin Trim on top of the burlap and then finished it with a knot I tied using one of the edges of the burlap ribbon that I had just cut off.

The greeting is from the Project Life Let’s Get Away stamp set and was stamp on Tip Top Taupe cardstock before being punched out with the Oval Punch and attached with dimensionals.
I card is a little out there but I liked how the saying kind of matched the animal print and made me think of a jungle safari.  What do you think?  The other designers are sharing their interpretation of this sketch for to fuel your creative juices so go check them out and then play along and share what you create.  
 
 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog