Monday, September 7, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC25: Lovely Amazing You

Happy Labor Day!  It's going to be a great day to relax and squeeze out those last few moments of summer, can't wait!  Of course I'm planning on a little crafting time today as well, and I started out with this months color sketch over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  I have to admit, after yesterday's color sketch when I pulled up the colors for today's challenge I laughed since they were almost the same, just changed the yellow so I wanted to give you something completely different using such similar colors.

For this card I started with Hello Honey cardstock for the cardbase and matted Very Vanilla cardstock with some Chocolate Chip cardstock for a nice frame.  On the cardfront I started with the Lovely Amazing You stamp set and stamped the feather image a couple of times using the Pool Party ink  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and stamped some of the splotches using Hello Honey Ink.

Lots of great embellishments really add some depth and texture, starting with the Hello Honey 5/8" Stitched Cotton Ribbon and I ruffled it up and then used the Handheld Stapler to add a couple of staples to make sure the ruffles stay in place and add a metallic element.  I also added some Linen Thread behind my greeting element.

For the greeting I once again used the Lovely Amazing You stamp set and stamped it with Chocolate Chip ink on Pool Party cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits.  I created a mat using some Chocolate Chip cardstock and the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.  A few pearls were attached along the bottom of the greeting to really draw your eye to it and I used dimensionals to attach the greeting so it could stand up over the ruffled ribbon.

This stamp set was one of the last monthly photopolymer stamp sets released and it's only available while supplies last and the font on the greetings are just perfect, I'm so happy to have this set in my collection so don't miss out and order your stamp set soon.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Hope you can come and play along with our color challenge, there are so many possibilities.

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog