Friday, August 8, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Amazing Birthday

Another Friday has arrived, and this one is extra special.  Today is my husband's 40th birthday and we're spending the weekend celebrating, starting with a party tonight for him (and three of our other friends who also turned 40 within the last month, it's quite a busy time for the milestone birthdays).  So for today's Sketch Frenzy Friday card challenge I decided to make my husband's birthday card (or at least one of them).  Today is also the one year anniversary of the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog that I'm a member of the design team so I thought this card was equally fitting.
 
For the cardbase I used Smoky Slate cardstock and then added a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Zig Zag Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Flashback Designer Series Paper that I matted on Real Red cardstock.
 
 For the main stamped image I used the Amazing Birthday stamp set (this set really is the bomb) and I stamped it in Smoky Slate ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I also stamped different parts of the greeting with different colors so I could cut them out with Paper Snips and attach them to the greeting with dimensionals.  I also added a piece of Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon (I used the reverse side so there wasn't a pattern).  The final touch was to add the birthday greeting from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set that I punched out with the Modern Label Punch and once again dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.
 
I have to admit, I love how this card turned out, so fun with lots of texture and dimension.  Make sure to check out all the other cards the Sketch Frenzy Friday design team are sharing and come play along with the sketch challenge, so many possibilities.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 

Also, make sure to check out the other projects the design team is sharing for our anniversary post on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog and now you can follow us on Pinterest and Facebook so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

Now you can follow us on Pinterest!
Join our group on Facebook!
 
Have a fabulous weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this! One of the DSP packs that I don't own...YET;) Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! I love your bright, sunny colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog