Monday, August 11, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Card Sketch Challenge: Festive Flurry

Good morning!  What a wonderful weekend, not only did we have lots of fun celebrating Chris' 40th birthday, we had an unusual break from the August heat and humidity hear which meant we were able to spend lots of time outside enjoying it with was awesome.  It's back to another week and we were talking that school starts in just 3 short weeks here and we can't believe it will be fall and time to start thinking about the holidays (crazy, I know!)  It was this thought that provided the inspiration for my card for this month's Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration card sketch challenge.  I decided to make a Christmas card (my first of the season) and show off some products that you need have since you won't be able to purchase them after August 27, the Festive Flurry stamp set (and matching framelits), and the Christmas Messages stamp set. These are some of the items that are currently on the carryover list and are available for purchase but only until August 27 so make sure you have these, they are perfect for all your holiday projects!
 
The cardbase is Crumb Cake cardstock and then I took a piece of Pool Party cardstock, embossed it with the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, then I sponged all over the cardstock with Crumb Cake ink.  Next I stamped two of the snowflakes from the Festive Flurry Stamp set in Island Indigo ink and cut them out with the Festive Flurry Framelits.  I added a couple Soft Suede Candy Dots to the center of the snowflakes. I used some Champagne Shimmer Paper and the snowflake framelits to cut a piece one size larger for the center snowflake.  The greeting is from the Christmas Messages stamp set and after stamping it with Island Indigo Ink on Crumb Cake Paper I cut it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch for easy layering.
 
I really like the simplicity of this card with the added bling (perfect for the holidays) and is "mailable" which will be helpful if you're sending lots of them to friends and family.  I would love for you to come check out the other fabulous cards the designers are sharing for inspiration and come play along in the fun.
 
I also want to remind you, if you don't have a Big Shot now is the perfect time to get one, if you purchase a Big Shot between now through the end of the month you get to select one of five stamp set and coordinating framelit bundles for FREE (awesome) so you can start in on all the fun.  Already own a Big Shot, no worries you can still get in on the savings and purchase one of the bundles for 15% off.  Please me know if you have any questions and how I can help you get started (this would also make a great Christmas gift for the crafter in your life, it's never too early to start shopping!!) 
 
Below are easy ordering links for all the products used on today's card: 
Have a great day and happy stamping! 
 
Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and festive. Love it! Hated to see this set retire..sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love all of the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog