Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration August Blog Hop: SSI Team Convention Swaps


Good morning!  It's that time again, time for this month's Stylin Stampin' INKspiration Blog hop.  This month all the designers are sharing the cards we made for a swap we have during convention last month.  It was so fun seeing several of the ladies at convention since most of us we only know from online and the ladies are so fabulous they really had some beautiful cards.

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number (#5) on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Kim R. of Stamping with Kim.  If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

So you may know by know that one of the stamp sets in the new catalog that I was o excited to see was the Boys will be Boys stamp set (I love the Lego image and all the other "boy" images).  For my swap card I decided to use this set and the Legos but use some non-classic colors to change things up.  I started with Hello Honey Cardstock for the cardbase and I embossed it with the Big Shot and the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper that was matted with Tangelo Twist cardstock. I used some Strawberry Slush Thick Baker's Twine to wrap around the DSP.

For the main stamped image I used Momento ink to stamp the Legos on Whisper White cardstock (I love this ink as it's great for watercoloring to ensure no bleeding).  I colored in the Legos with Stampin' Write Markers and then punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and made a mat with Tempting Turquoise cardstock and the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits.  The greeting is from the same stamp set, stamped in Strawberry Slush ink and punched out with the Modern Label Punch and was attached to the card front with dimensionals.

This card is so fun and perfect for someone who's a kid at heart, no matter the age.  I hope you enjoyed my project and easy ordering links for all the products used on this card are below:

Make sure to continue on the hop, Tonya is next and you can get to her blog by clicking the "next" button below.

http://stampinwithtonya.blogspot.com/2014/08/august-blog-hop.html


Don't worry if you missed out on any of the blogs, you can access them all from the links below.  Enjoy the hop and all the beautiful cards!

Blog Hop Participant List:
  1. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  2. Donna S. of Organized Chaos
  3. Cynthia R. of Ink-A-Doodle Creations
  4. Jennifer C. of Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
  5. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  6. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  7. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  8. Shellie G. of Craft Smashup
  9. Kathy P. of Katrina P's Creative Corner
  10. Bree R. of Craft-Somnia
  11. Heidi B. of Stuck on Stampin'
  12. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun
  13. Darla R. of Stampin' with Darla
  14. Erica B. of Stamping Starlette
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card! I had to purchase this stamp set because of your legos and a swap card I got with the robot! I will have to send you a picture! I love this so much and my kids do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! You'll love this set and I would love to see your swap card.

      Delete
  2. What a fun card. I have some grand-nieces and nephews I can use this set for. I think I'll get it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I love the non traditional colors of the lego blocks. Thanks for swapping with me!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog