Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stampin' Stylin' INKspiration Blog Hop: Oldest to Newest and Lots of Fun




Good morning!  It's the second Thursday of the month, which means it's time for another Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog hop.  We have some great designers in this group and it's always so fun to see what they come up with for each months theme.  This month we're focusing on our oldest and newest stamp sets.  Like all stampers I have lots of stamp sets from back when we first started stamping and they may be a little neglected but it's always fun to pull them out, show them some love, and mix them with our current products to show they still work great.

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 3 on the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop - Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.
 
The first card I made to show uses the oldest stamp set I have, Backyard BBQ which was released in 2005.  Since our family loves BBQ's and parties this set was a must have.  I started with Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock for the card base and then layered Cherry Cobbler under my Whisper White cardstock.  I decided to create my own DSP by stamping the hamburger and hotdog stamps repeatedly on the cardstock in Baked Brown Sugar ink.  Next I took a piece of DSP from the Lullaby Designer Series Paper (even though this paper is themed for babies I love that there are patterns you can use for any occasion) and matted it with Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.

For the greeting I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch to create a tag to stamp the birthday greeting.  The greeting, Endless Birthday Wishes, is my newest stamp set and this is the first time I used it (this stamp set is back in stock but only available while supplies last so make sure to get yours soon so you don't miss out!)  I also stamped a hotdog and colored it in with Stampin' Write markers and cut it out with Paper Snips for a fun accent.  The final touch was adding some Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon ( I like that this ribbon is only printed on one side so you can use the reverse plain). 

This card is perfect for a summertime birthday with a whimsical touch.

Unfortunately you can't purchase the BBQ stamp anymore so I decided for my second card to use my oldest stamp set that is in the current catalog, in this case Lovely as a Tree (I have to say, every year I think this set will retire and every year it manages to come back for more fun).  This card has Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then I added another layer of Crumb cake that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and the sponged all over with Chocolate Chip ink really help the embossed image pop.  Next I wrapped a piece of Mossy Meadow 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the embossed layer and tied a bow around the ribbon with Linen Thread.

For the stamped image I stamped the tree from Lovely as a Tree in Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Circle Collection Framelits.  I used markers and a sponge to color in the tree and then sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  This piece is matted on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock that was cut out with the Window Collection Framelits and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

For the greeting I used another one of my brand new stamp sets, Bloom with Hope and stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink and cut it out with the Project Life Framelits (isn't this a fun shape?).  I sponged around this layer with Crumb Cake ink and attached it to the card with dimensionals.  A small In Color Sequin (Baked Brown Sugar) was the perfect accent for a little bling.

This card is certain to spread a little joy, even in tough times which really is the point of cardmaking, to make people smile.

I hope you enjoyed this month's projects, and the projects from the other designers and we've helped inspire and motivate you to use some of those older, neglected stamp sets for lots of new fun.  Now make sure to continue along the hop by clicking the "next" button below and if you get lost, don't worry you can pick up the hop using any of the links in the list below.
 
 
http://sudonna112244.blogspot.com/2014/07/ssinkspiration-july-blog-hop.html
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Love the BY BBQ card. Using the burger as the background looks great. Love the bloom with Hope set. The sentiments go great with LAAT. I used it for one of my cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great cards! I love how you used the hamburgers and hot dogs to make a background for the first card and love the texture of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have that BBQ set, now I need to pull it out. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you Cynthia, happy stamping!

      Delete
  4. OMG...I just love the cute hamburger card. Its so stinking cute!! And yes, I'm always afraid Lovely as a Tree will retire too, but it keeps hanging in strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! We could do an entire blog hop on different options for just Lovely as a Tree and I believe everyone would come up with something completely different.

      Delete
  5. Cute card. Love the colors and the hamburger background.

    I love the the tree card. The colors are great and the background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards today! The little hotdogs are so cute...I don't remember that set!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog