Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #PCC332: Sweetest Thing

Good morning!

When we first saw this years occasions catalog one of the first suites that I saw and fell in love with was the How Sweet it Is Product Suite, come on, those colors, and candy, what's not to love?  The crazy thing is as things have gone along I've been distracted with other projects and haven't actually used any of the products in the suite (horror I know!) so I decided to break the seals and use it all for this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge.

I used Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a mat of Melon Mambo cardstock for the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Artisan Textures stamp set to stamp the background detail in Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green ink (used two different stamps).

Next I added two different pieces of the How Sweet it Is Designer Series Paper and matted it with Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green cardstock.  I tied a knot out of the Coastal Cabana/Granny Apple Green 3/8" Reversible Ribbon and attached it for a fun accent above the greeting.

For the main stamped element I stamped the candy jar and gummy bears using the Sweetest Thing stamp set and cut it out with the coordinating framelits and then used my Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen to color in the gummies (I did the same thing for the row of candy along the bottom) and attached the candy jar with dimensionals.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink on Pool Party cardstock and cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits and attached with dimensionals.

To finish off the card I added some of the enamel dots from the Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots package as well as coloring a couple of Pearls with Granny Apple Green and Pool Party Stampin' Blends so I had dots in all the cards colors sprinkled about.

This card is sweet enough to eat and a perfect way to send birthday wishes.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog