Monday, November 5, 2018

SSINKspiration Color Sketch #SSINKCC54: Snow is Glistening

Good morning!  What a crazy weekend, race, swim meet, World Jamboree Troop meeting were just the highlights that kept the Eichfeld household on the go, but adventure is the spice of life right?  Today the SSINKspiration team has a fun color challenge to get your creative juice flowing.  Now I had decided to showcase the Snow is Glistening stamp set and coordinating Snowfall Thinlits (part of the Catch a Snowflake promotion) this week so when I saw these colors I was thrown off a little as they don't scream Christmas so I decided to focus on the no-snowflake thinlit dies and make this fun all occasion card.

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the base and then used Cajun Craze as a mat for the Very Vanilla cardfront. On the cardfront I did a watercolor wash using my Aqua Painter and Highland Heather ink.

Next I used the Snowfall Thinlits to cut out several flower images as well as the swirly long piece out of cardstock from the color challenge and layered them together.  To make the centers of the flowers I used pears that I colors with the Cajun Craze and Highland Heather Stampin' Blends.


The greeting is from the Snow is Glistening set and was stamped in Cajun Craze ink on Smoky Slate cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I did use a Mini Dimensional to pop up the small Cajun Craze flower for a little extra dimension.

While the products in the Catch a Snowflake are only available during the month of November (or while supplies last) their versatility will last all year long so don't miss out on adding them to your stamping collection.  Also make sure to check out the other design team members cards as inspiration and we would love for you to play along and share what you create.



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog