Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Quick and Easy Snowflake Greetings: Snow is Glistening

Good afternoon,

I’m back and playing with the fun products in the Catch a Snowflake promotion this month but stuck with yesterday’s theme of non-traditional Holiday colors and this time went with purples.  I love the new purples that were added to our color collection and knew they would work well with the snowflake madness that is continuing.  I also wanted to make a quick and easy card so I limited myself to only 10 minutes to make this card, perfect for when you need to make multiples.

 For this card I started with Highland Heather cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock as a mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  I used the Snow is Glistening stamp set and stamped the snow falling from the top of the card using Highland Heather Ink and the greeting is Gorgeous Grape.  Next I took the cardfront and misted with Champagne shimmer mist (created by adding rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint in a spritzer) for an overall sparkle.

 Next I wrapped a piece of Silver 3/8” Metallic Edge Ribbon on the top corner and then added one of the new Snowflake Trinkets with a Glue Dot.  To finish off the card I used the Big Shot and Snowfall Thinlits dies to cut some snowflakes out of the White Velveteen Sheets and then lightly sponged them with Gorgeous Grape ink (I used glue only on the center of the snowflakes so there was more movement on the tips of the snowflake). 

 The mix of white, purple, and silver proves a clean, elegant look and I love how easy it was to color the snowflakes (and they’re super soft to the touch).  If you’re just starting your holiday projects make sure to add the products in the Catch a Snowflake promotion to your stash so you’re all set.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Product List

 
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog