Thursday, March 15, 2018

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Epic Celebrations

Good morning!  We have just about 2 weeks left in Sale-a-bration 2018 and I'm loving all the wonderful freebie options we have this year so I've been playing with them a lot lately.  The Epic Celebrations stamp set is so fun and perfect to use with Stampin' Blends, I've been stamping images and taking them along with my Stampin' Blends to color while I wait at different activities Aidan has, it helps the time go by.  I decided to use one of the guitars I colored for this weeks Fab Friday color challenge for this epically fun card.

I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock as a mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I used Old Olive ink and the dot stamp from the Epic Celebrations set to stamp along the diagonal and then when back over it with Pool Party ink and the large watercolor image from the Eclectic Expressions stamp set (another SAB Freebie!).

Next I used the Big Shot and the Stitched Shapes framelits to cut a circle out of Whisper White cardstock and then sponged it with a Sponge Dauber and Rich Razzleberry ink.  I used Champagne Foil paper and the Starburst Punch to cut a circle out and then used Pool Party cardstock for the greeting and after stamping in Soft Suede ink I cut it out using the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.

I love the fun guitar image and after stamping it I used the Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends to color in the guitar.  To help add a little more dimension and distressing to the guitar I used the Stampin' Blends Color Lifter to color over parts of the guitar to remove some of the Olive Olive ink and it gave just the effect I was looking for.  I used dimensionals to attach the guitar and the greeting to the cardfront.  The final touch was to add some Rich Razzleberry Enamel Dots from the Brights Enamel Shapes package.

This stamp set is great for those guy and teen cards and since my kiddo fits both those categories I see a lot of use for this set in my future, in all sorts of colors.  And with how busy we all are who doesn't need a little coloring therapy?  If you don't have these two Sale-a-bration stamps sets all ready don't miss out and place your order so you be ready for all sorts of projects!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog