Monday, March 19, 2018

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC51: Reflection Technique

Good morning!  What a crazy weekend, we had snow Saturday and then by Sunday afternoon had beautiful spring like weather, Mother Nature is really having some mood swings this year, haha!  Today on the  SSINKspiration blog it's time for another technique challenge and this month is the Reflection Technique and since I'm beyond ready for spring I decided to use that spring feeling we had yesterday as inspiration for today's card.

I love the Reflection Technique because it looks really hard, just be for years I never understood how people did it and once I saw the instructions I was amazed at how easy it is!!

I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Berry Burst cardstock as the mat for the Whisper White cardfront.  For the design I started with Early Espresso ink and the Colorful Seasons stamp set and stamped the original branch and then stamped it again on the window sheet, flipped it over and gently rubbed the window sheet on the cardfront to create the reflection.  I did the same thing with the flowers on the branch using Berry Burst ink.

Now it was time to start building all the dimension on the cardfront.  I used Stampin' Sponges and Sponge Daubers to apply the ink (Pool Party and Marina Mist for the Sky), Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the Ground, and Soft Sky, and Marina Mist for the water.  I also used both daubing and swirling the sponges for extra effect.  Once I was finished I used Early Espresso ink to stamp the greeting and then used a piece of Whisper White 1/4" Organza Ribbon to tie a bow to finish the card.

This is actually a pretty quick and easy card that will definitely impress and it'll be our little secret about how easy it was.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards for inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

Search This Blog