Friday, October 27, 2017

SSINKspiration Favorite Holiday Catalog Suite: Merry Little Christmas

Good morning!  I love Fridays because that means the weekend is almost here and today I have the day off and am starting my weekend long crafting getway with a friend so I'm even more excited to get the creative juices flowing.  I know Christmas projects will definitely be on my list so today's card fits perfectly.  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing projects using their favorite Holiday Catalog Suites, and one of mine is Merry Little Christmas.  This is the first mega product suite Stampin' Up! has offered and it is jammed pack with products that are perfect for all your holiday crafting. I also decided to use the Paper Players sketch challenge for this week for double the fun!

I started with Old Olive cardstock for the cardbase and then added  a piece of Early Espresso cardstock as a mat for the Cherry Cobbler cardfront.  I embossed the Cherry Cobbler piece with the Big Shot and Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I made a flag using the Merry Music Speciality Designer Series Paper (I love this paper!!).

For the main stamped image I used the Carols of Christmas stamp set and colored the greeting with Stampin' Write Markers before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  I matte this piece with Early Espresso cardstock and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  Now for the fun elements I used the coordinating Cardfront Builder Framelits to cut out a single tree using Old Olive cardstock and the deer out of Early Espresso cardstock.  To add a little fun snow to the tree I used some Embossing Paste and lightly rubbed on the edges for the snow fall look.  Both of the cut out pieces were attached with dimensionals.

I really love this suite and adding the cable knit embossing, it makes me feel all warm and cozy!  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for additional inspiration.



Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card, Diana! Especially that pretty sweater texture! And I just noticed you colored "the" to match the sweater. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this is such a fun card! I love the embossing and the music panel. Such a fabulous Christmas card. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your link among the challenge winners of the Paper Players blog and wanted to stop by and say, "I absolutely LOVE this gorgeous Christmas card!! (BTW - Congrats on being a top pick - you deserve it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I knitted a jersey using the same pattern as the one on your embossed background! Gorgeous take on the sketch.
    So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being selected one of the headliners. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog