Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fab Friday Color Sketch: All Things Thanks

Good morning!  This really is a crazy fall, or should a say a fall that will never arrive.  It's this crazy summer extension that was the inspiration for today's card using the Fab Friday color challenge.   Since fall won't come I decided to bring fall to us with my card and what better way than with using some colors and textures that help bring a rustic feeling.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then used a piece of Tranquil Tide cardstock for the mat to my Wood Grain Textures Designer Series Paper (this is probably one of my favorite DSP packs of all time and it's on sale this month!!).  Next I took the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and cut a circle out of Very Vanilla cardstock for a backdrop for my leaves.

Next I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set and stamped the leaves using Tranquil Tide, Cajun Craze, and Rich Razzleberry cardstock and ink and then cut them out with the coordinating Leaflets Framelits.  Then I scrunched the leaves up and sponged them with Soft Suede ink.  The nice thing about scrunching the leaves up is that then when you adhere them to the cardfront you can be a little rough with them to get them exactly how you want and I just added a little adhesive in different places to keep the dimension of the wrinkles.

To finish off the leaves I took a piece of Gold 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon and made a loop and then tied a double bow around it with some Linen Thread.  I was looking for a different ribbon effect and really like how this turned out.  The final touch was the greeting which is from the All Things Thanks stamp set and after stamping in Soft Suede ink on Cajun Craze cardstock I cut it out with the Classic Label Punch and then attached it with dimensionals.

This card has a masculine vibe with a softness because of the ribbon that really work well together (I think!) and all the textures really make you want to touch and feel the card which is fun!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Great combination of products and textures! The leaves are awesome and I do indeed want to touch them! The ribbon treatment is cool too...nice to something different! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! I love the woodgrain background behind your leaves, beautifully layered! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love those distressed leaves, and the ribbon detail! All so pretty over that woodgrain background, too. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Diana! I love how you crumpled up the leaves. It really gives a lot of texture to your card.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog