Sunday, April 2, 2017

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC44: Custom Tee

Good morning!  This may have been the perfect spring weekend, between the weather, getting some much needed yard work done, hanging out with family, and lots of stamping time, I was really sad for this weekend to end.  But since it's the start of the new week, and new month to boot it's time for this months color sketch over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration  blog.  These are some fun colors which I don't think I've used before, in any combination and immediately thought it would make a great birthday card.

I started with Cucumber Crush cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the stars from the Birthday Blast stamp set and stamped them in Cucumber Crush ink.  The greeting is from the Custom Tee stamp set and was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  I did add a few Daffodil Delight Enamel Dots (from the Brights Enamel Shapes) and a piece of Chocolate Chip DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack as an anchor for my main element.


For the main stamped piece I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I cut into an oval using the  Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and then using my Aqua Painter and Cucumber Crush ink applied a watercolor wash to the background and then let it dry.  For the T-shirt I stamped it on Daffodil Delight cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink and then cut it out with the coordinating T-shirt Builder Framelits.  I attached the T-shirt and the oval using dimensionals so there's a little extra height.

This is a nice and simple card perfect for the little (or not so little) dudes we all love.  This would work equally as well for sports teams and party invites (love this bundle).  The other design team members are sharing some great ideas using this color combination so go check them out and then we would love for you to join us and share what you create!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love the green stars! What a fun card for dudes of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green stars! What a fun card for dudes of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice background & the chocolate chip banner is perfect behind the Tshirt!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog