Monday, April 24, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC44: Salted Background

Good morning!  It's the start of a  new week, can't believe April is almost over so it's time for another challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog, this time it was a Technique Challenge.  We used the Salted Background Technique this month and I have to say I had never heard of or seen this technique before so it was fun to try, and since glossy white cardstock is returning to the catalog for next year (yeah)  you'll be able to get the perfect paper to try this out (if you don't already have some in your stash (I had some from when we used to sell it, plus it was one of the supplies in my display stamper box so I got an early hint it was coming back).

This card has a Pool Party cardbase and since there's so much going on with the cardfront I decided to let it take center stage.  To make it I took a piece of Glossy White cardstock and spritzed it with water, then applied a few drops of reinker directly on the paper and spread it around with my aqua painter.  I started with Pool Party in the bottom left, then added Emerald Envy to the center (yeah didn't stay that color when it dried) and then added Sweet Sugarplum to the top right.  I blended the colors where they matched and added a little swirls of the darker colors to add effect.  Next I took my coarse sea salt and sprinkled it all over the top, spritzed again with water and walked away (seriously go to dinner, for a walk to let it dry).  When it was mostly dry I brushed the salt off and then I let it dry overnight.

The greeting is from the Suite Sayings stamp set (retiring) and was stamped in Tempting Turquoise, it matched the background when it was fully dry, and then punched it out with the decorative label punch (retiring) and sponged around edge with Pool Party ink.

I wrapped a piece of Sweet Sugar Plum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon (retiring) around the cardfront and then after attaching the greeting with dimensionals tied a knot with the ribbon.


What a fun technique and I really didn't take that long to make, the longest part was the dry time and each one you make would come out completely different.  I'll definitely be using this technique again and see what fun color combinations I can create.  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for inspiration and then play along with us and share what you come up with, can't wait to see!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used in today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog