Monday, January 23, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC41: Bokeh Valentine

Good morning!  It's the start of the new week and it's always excited to see what's in store for us.  Monday also brings us a new challenge over on the  SSINKspiration blog and this time it's a technique challenge, which I always look forward to each month.  This month's technique is bokeh and I've always admired the technique and didn't realize how easy it really is until I actually tried it and I love how soft and angelic it looks.

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I embossed with gold embossing powder using the Timeless Textures stamp set (such an elegant stamp).  Next I used the Big Shot and Sweet and Sassy Framelits to cut a large heart out of Whisper White cardstock.  On the heart I used a sponge to  swirl Real Red and Basic Black ink all over the heart.  Next I took a sponge dauber and Whisper White Craft ink and gently sponged circles using the craft ink to create the bokeh technique (see it really is that simple!)

Next I used the Sealed with Love stamp set and stamped the greeting in Basic Black ink on Real Red cardstock before cutting it out with the same framelits.  I added a gold heart from the Metallic Enamel Shapes and then attached the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals.





The final touch was to add a knot I tied using the gold ribbon from the 3/8" Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack (a Sale-a-bration Freebie!) and after tying the knot I really worked the edges so they would separate and fray for added texture before attaching the ribbon to the cardfront with a glue dot.

Using the bokeh technique along with the heat embossing added a really nice romantic touch to the card, which is just what I was going for.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team made using this technique (such a great variety) and then we would love for you to come play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog