Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Custom Tee

Happy Tuesday!  Did you have an extended holiday weekend to enjoy?  The guys were off yesterday while I had to work but it was a fun weekend so all's good.  Part of this weekend I had a friend come over for a little stamping playdate which was a lot of fun and I decided to use this weeks Fab Friday sketch challenge for this card for a young lady that I want to know I'm thinking of her.  This Custom Tee bundle and coordinating Tie Died stamp set are super fun and so hype!

I started with Blushing Bride cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Melon Mambo cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Elegant Dots Embossing folder for a fun background.  Next I added several offset squares of paper using the Pop of Pink Speciality Designer Series Paper for the pattern pieces which were separated with Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I added some heart enamel dots from the Brights and Subtles Enamel Dots to tie all the colors on the card together.

For the stamped image I used the Custom Tee stamp set and stamped the T-shirt in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and coordinating T-shirt Builder Framelits.  I used the Tie Died Stamp set to stamp the heart design on the T-shirt (I have to tell you this is a 2-stamp stamp set to make the color layers really easy, I didn't realize this at first and was struggling trying to get the nice tie dye look until I realized it was a 2 stamp set, haha!)  To finish off the T-shirt I felt it needed a little bling so I added a Gold Metallic Heart Enamel Shape from the Metallics Enamel Shapes and then attached the shirt to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The greeting is from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set (this set is fun since there's lots of separate words and you can build your greeting so you have lots of possibilities).  The greeting was stamped in Melon Mambo ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and then punched it out with the Classic Label Punch before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This card just makes me happy and brings a smile to my face and I can't wait to give it to my sweet friend, what a cutie!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love those designer papers and your t-shirt is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo! These work so well for the tie dyed look and the sentiment is the perfect thing for a thinking about you card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love your color choices, and dots always make me so happy, lol. Your t-shirt is PERFECT! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog