Friday, May 8, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge & SSI Retiring Favorities: Starburst Sayings

 Good morning!  I’m greeting you today from the left coast as I’ve arrived safely in CA and looking forward to a fun day at Disneyland.  I’m starting the day with the race expo and packet pickup and then will head over to check out the parks (I haven’t been to Disneyland since I was a senior in High School so this will be fun) before the races start on Saturday.

Today I’m sharing a card that’s a combo using this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge along with the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog retiring favorites post (using the Starburst Sayings stamp set).  Kim gave us a really fun sketch this week that provides lots of fun with multiple elements.  As you know I’m a sucker for stamp sets with matching punches and/or framelits so I was excited when this set was released and have enjoyed playing with it.  I started with Pear Pizzaz for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Gray cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper across the center of the card and used different coordinating patterns in the DSP package for two of the three little flags.  For the center flag I used a piece of Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon (I love this ribbon and am sad it’s leaving but I have a stash I get to work through). 

The greeting is from the Starburst Sayings stamp set (retiring) and I stamped it using Versamark ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and heat embossed it using the Heat Tool and Crushed Curry Embossing Powder (it’s interesting how when you start doing something it becomes fun and you use it for several projects in a row, in this case heat embossing).  To cut out the greeting I used the Big Shot and Starbust Collection Framelits and then attached it to the card with dimensionals.

I’ve been so interested in this DSP all year how it combines bright bold colors along with softer colors and it works (I wouldn’t have thought of that).  The design teams on both blogs are sharing some fun cards so make sure to check them out and then come play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday ladies, we’d love to have you!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog