Monday, May 4, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Sketch: Yippee-Skippee

 Good morning!  It’s a short week for me and I’m really looking forward to my getaway, even if I’ll be flying solo to one of the happiest places on earth!  Before I head out I have a lot on my to do list so I’m going to work as hard as I can to get as much done so I can plan and not stress.  With the start of a new month it’s always fun to see what new challenges are in store for us onver on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog and today we’re kicking off the month with our color sketch challenge.  These are always fun since it gets you to use colors and combinations that you may not normally think of.

I started with Crisp Cantalope (retiring) for the cardbase and then added a piece of Island Indigo cardstock as a mat for my stamped Whisper White cardstock.  On the white cardstock I started by stamping with the Background Rules stamp (so sad it’s retiring) using Crisp Cantaloupe ink and then sponged all over it using Hello Honey, Island Indigo, and even Sahara Sand ink to really distress it. 
I added a piece of Hello Honey striped DSP from the Lullaby Designer Series Paper.  Next I added a piece of Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon as the second layer.  The greeting is from the Yippee Skippee stamp set (one of my favorites and oh so sad it’s also retiring, but staying in my stash).  I stamped the greeting on Chalkboard Paper using the Rose Coral Color Box Chalk Ink (it looks similar to Crisp Cantaloupe).  The final touch was to add a bow using some Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine so I punched a couple holes using the ¼” Handheld Punch to thread the baker’s twine through the paper.  Dimensionals were used to attach the greeting tag to the cardfront.

This was a unique color combination but it’s always fun to see what you come up with when you step out of your comfort zone.  The designers are sharing some other great cards so go check them out for further inspiration and come play along.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog