Friday, May 29, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Perfect Blend

Good morning!  It’s Friday and for the first time this month, I don’t have a race and we’re keeping things nice and quiet here at some so we can just relax and recharge (of course Aidan is already planning on some visits to the pool, big shock!)  Of course since it’s Friday it’s time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and I’ve also combined this with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog retiring favorites post.  This week I’m sharing the Perfect Blend stamp set, one that I wasn’t sold on when it was first released but it’s come to be a fun favorite. 

I started with Soft Suede for the cardbase and then added a piece of Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler DSP from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack (retiring).  For the main stamped element I started with Very Vanilla cardstock and I wanted to make it look like there were coffee stains so I started stamping some splotches using Crumb Cake ink and the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  For the cup rings I decided to do something crazy and used my water glass and stamped the bottom of it in Soft Suede ink and then “stamped” it on the cardstock so I got these fun rings.  I stamped the greeting using Cherry Cobbler ink.  Some of the corners were rounded on the different DSP and cardstock layers using the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.

Of course I had to make a super cute coffee cup so I stamped the cup multiple times, on Whisper White (cup lid), Crumb Cake (cup body), and Garden Green DSP (for the coffee sleeve) and cut out the different pieces using Paper Snips and glued them together.  I used dimensionals to attach to the coffee cup to the cardfront. 

Even though I don’t drink coffee, I know lots of friends who love it and this card is so warm that it’s fun to let those special people in our lives how much they mean to us (and you can always have hot cocoa at coffee shops which I do enjoy!).  You check out the other design team cards for further ideas and their retiring favorite items and then play along.

 
 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog