Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Cheery Hello Wishes

Good morning!  While it was definitely hard to head back to work yesterday after the long holiday weekend the fact that we’re already at Wednesday and the midpoint of this week is a little bonus. Today I decided to change things up and have a little fun with a sketch challenge over on the Fab Friday blog, this is one of the challenge blogs I love to play along with and it’s been awhile so this is fun.  Since we only have a week left to enjoy all the fun things in theis years Occasions catalog, as well as the retiring products I decided to use several of the items in this card for fun. 

I started with Tangelo Twist for the cardbase and then layered a piece of Hello Honey cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Tiny Triangles Embossing Folder.  Next I cut a piece of the Birthday Bash Speciality Designer Series Paper and attached it along the side of the card.  I took another of the DSP prints (this is one of my favorites from this package and matted it with Old Olive cardstock.  I added a bow using the White/Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim (love how soft this is). 

 
 
For a little fun, instead of stamping the greeting I used one of the dies from the Label Card Thinlit Die (retiring) and cut it out using Bermuda Bay cardstock.  Since the die doesn’t have a dot for the “i” I thought it would fun to use one of the Bermuda Bay Sequins from the trim as the accent to my “i”.   

What do you think, this card is so bright and cheery, it’s in your face and you can’t help but smile.  Perfect to lift anyone’s day! 

 
 




Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Happy Stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful combo of patterns and colors - and so sneaky to go stampin' free! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combo of patterns and textures. The geometric embossing works really well with the swirls of the DSP! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog