Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Wedding Cards: Big News

Good morning!  Are you still digging out of snow where you live?  Snow for us was a bust, but that beats the alternative so I'm not complaining.  Today over on the  Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog it's all about weddings and that's sure to cheer up anyone this time of year.  I don't make wedding cards often but it's always nice to have some in my card stash ready to go when the need arises (or I have a friend who needs a wedding card).  I did use color on my card that definitely can go along with the snowy feel that so many are dealing with. 

For the cardbase I stared with Smoky Slate cardstock and then added a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder and then wrapped a piece of Silver 5/8" Satin Ribbon around the cardfront for a touch of elegance.  The greeting is from the Big News stamp set and this one is AWESOME!!!  It has stamps for just about any occasion so you're all set.   I stamped the text in Coastal Cabana and Basic Black ink before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Apothocary Accents Framelits.  I sponged around the edges with Smoky Slate ink and then added a couple of pearls to the corners of the greeting layer to really help dress the card up for the occasion.  The final touch was to add a Lace Paper Doily to the back of the greeting layer (I cut the doily in half and then attached each piece of the greeting layer so it would cover both the top and bottom.  You'll notice there is some space between the greeting and the doily, I actually used dimensionals between the layers for some extra texture.

I really like these soft, springy colors, perfect to help lift you out of  winter funk and help celebrate a joyous occasion.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing, they're beautiful!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great day and enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog