Friday, January 23, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Hip Notes

It’s Friday again my friends and it sounds like we’re going to potentially have an interesting one if the weather has it’s way (they’ve mentioned the SNOW word that has Aidan very excited!)  I will also have a very exciting announcement on Sunday so you’ll have to make sure to check back on the weekend.  Before then, it’s Friday, which means it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  This week we were given a really fun layout that once I again I choose to highlight some great designer series paper we have (and best all, it’s FREE right now during Sale-a-bration with a qualifying order, yeah!!!)  I started with Calypso Coral for the cardbase and then added a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock.  The greeting is stamped down at the bottom and uses the Hip Notes stamp set (this stamp can be used for several occasions, in this case it’s a birthday card for a friend) and was stamped in Soft Suede ink.  The DSP is from the Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper package (this paper has such great colors and prints it’s perfect to get us ready and with matching accessories and stamps, all that you can get for FREE, what’s not to love?)  So I added three strips of the DSP to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock before attaching it to the cardfront.

The final touch was to add three little flowers that I punched out with the Petite Petals Punch using Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, and Crushed Curry cardstock, embossed them with the Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I used a bone folder to help curl the petals of the flowers before attaching them to the card with glue dots.  To add a little somthin-somethin to the card I added rhinestones to the centers of two of the flowers and a bow made from the Baked Brown Sugar Think Baker’s Twine to the center flower (I actually had that bow tied from another project that didn’t work out so it was perfect!)

I love you we have so many great accessories that you can make a quick card with very minimal stamping that will still grab your attention!  The other design team members shared some fun cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with, it’ll be great for any project on your To Do list this weekend.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable Friday and hope you get some crafting time!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog