Thursday, January 8, 2015

Styin' Stampin' INKspiration January Blog Hop: New Occasions Catalog Fun



Happy Thursday, it’s blog hop time friends!  With the release of the Occasions catalog this week it’s only fitting that this month the designers are sharing projects made with their favorite items from the new catalog.  Since Valentine’s is the first big event of the new year (and a holiday I love, but actually I love all holidays!) most of my preorder products are loved themed so that’s what I’m sharing with you today.  I also love that the new sets in the Occasions catalog are not strickly “Valentine’s Day” but are more generic so you can use them for other occasions throughout the year.

As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number (#5) on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - (Jennifer G. at Jenny G Paper Crafts). If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.


 The first project I have for you is a card that uses two new sets, You Plus Me, and Big on You.  I started with Basic Gray for the cardbase and then added a piece of Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper (you’re going to love this new paper stack, on side of each paper is full of color while the reverse sides are all black and white for even more uses, plus you save 15% when you buy the DSP and stamp set bundle, BONUS!)  Next I wrapped some Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the DSP and tied a nice little bow.  The big greeting is from the Big on You stamp set and is stamped on Coastal Cabana cardstock with Black Memento Ink.  The little accent is from the You Plus Me stamp set and after using my Stampin’ Write Markers to color on the stamp and stamping on Whisper White cardstock I punched it out with the Oval Punch and made a mat using Basic Black cardstock and the Scalloped Oval Punch.  This is a nice simple card that doesn’t scream girly so I may be giving this to my sweetie!!

Of course I had to make a matching gift for my card so I made this little treat using the French Fry Die and my Big Shot (super easy I love these, and they hold a lot!!).  The box is Real Red and then I added a strip of DSP once again using the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack (I attached it to the box first and then trimmed it so it fit the curve of the box).  The tag was made by stamping the greeting from the You Plus Me stamp set and then I cut it out with the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits and attached it to the box front with some Coastal Cabana Thick Baker’s Twine (I will admit I also used a dimensional on the far end of the tag to attach it permanently to the box so it didn’t dangle the wrong way).  I used a little hear that I punched out of Silver Foil Cardstock using the Confetti Hearts Punch as a fun little accent.  It’s super easy to fill this I just took some kisses and put them in a cello bag and tied it with Basic Black Baker’s Twine so it all coordinates.

I will admit with all boys in the house I tend to try to make projects that aren’t always girly so by adding the Coastal Cabana with the Basic Black and Real Red it gives me something even the guys will appreciate.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Kim’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.
http://rydenkim.blogspot.com/2015/01/ssinkspiration-january-blog-hop.html
 
 Blog Hop Participant List:
  1. Cynthia at Ink-A-Doodle Creations
  2. Donna at Organized Chaos
  3. Jennifer C. at Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
  4. Kathy at Katrina P's Creative Corner
  5. Jennifer G. at Jenny G Paper Crafts
  6. Diana at Stampin Fun with Diana
  7. Kim at Stamping with Kim
  8. Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'
  9. Darcy at Dj's Stampin Place
  10. Melissa at Stamp Doc
  11. Carrie at Carrie Stamps
Enjoy and have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Great projects! You are like me with boys in the house, so I love how you showcase with "boys" in mind. Love these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little card and gift set! Love the Coastal Cabana with the Real Red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how the large statement sentiments make it so easy to create a quick but fabulous card. You did a great job showcasing Big on You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellie! This is such a great stamp set, quick can still be awesome.

      Delete
  4. Love your card and your little fry box! SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Big On You. Such a great set, and you did fabulous work with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy, I love how the words can be the focus with this stamp set!

      Delete
  6. I just love these!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and the fry box is adorable. I can't wait to start making Valentine's gifts after seeing your fry box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I love making Valentine's projects and have so much fun this time of year.

      Delete
  8. I'm absolutely CASEing that card for my Valentine's day class. It is simply PERFECT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. L-O-V-E your Valentine's card and fry box! I so love that set and DSP stack...one of my favorites of the catalog for sure!!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and the treat box is really cute! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog